Here is a really simple way to create a full-body workout in less than a minute!
The template below is based on 4 categories by which you’ll be working every muscle group in your body (arms, chest, shoulders, back, legs, and core).
1. Choose 1 exercise from each category below.
2. Complete 10 reps of each exercise.
3. Complete each exercise as a circuit, going from one to the next.
4. Rest as needed to catch your breath between exercises.
5. Complete 3 rounds.
Here are the exercise categories to choose from. Under each category is a short list of exercises, however any that would fall under each category will work.
1) Leg Exercise
Bent over Row
Lying Leg Raises
Now, give it a try. Choose one exercise in each category to build your own workout. How long did that take? Hopefully less than a minute!
Here’s a sample workout using this template:
1. Goblet Squat (leg exercise)
2. Push Up (push)
3. Plank Row (pull)
4. Lying Leg Raises (core)
Complete 10 reps of each exercise back-to-back for 3 rounds, resting between exercises as needed. Workout done and dusted!
Add this recipe to your next ‘meatless Monday!’ A surprisingly delicious take on Spaghetti Bolognese that’s better for the environment, less inflammatory than its original counterpart, and downright moorish.
Tomato sauce/purée 700g
Leggos bolognese sauce 500g
2 large zucchinis
3 large carrots
1 large onion
5-6 cloves garlic
Himalayan rock salt to taste
1 cup chopped walnuts
SAN Remo spelt pasta (or any other pasta)
Drizzle of tamari sauce
Savoury (nutritional) yeast flakes to garnish
P.S. Did you know savoury yeast flakes are a great source of plant protein (4g per Tablespoon) as well as B vitamins!
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. COntinue with the rest of the steps while the pasta is cooking.
- Blitz (or dice finely) onion and garlic, then saute until translucent.
- Blitz (or grate) the carrot and zucchini. Add to the onion and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Blitz (or crumble/mash) the tofu to mince consistency. Add tofu to the sauce mix, stirring through. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tamari and some salt to taste, and mix through.
- Add the walnuts and pasta sauces and stir through until well combined.
- Serve on top of the pasta & enjoy!
Sometimes when life gets uber busy, relationships can be the first thing to suffer. We need to keep a check on this, however, because we are relational creatures, and spending time in positive connection with others boosts our health on many levels.
This week your challenge is simple. Schedule a catch up over a meal with someone you’ve been meaning to connect with lately. Make it happen (at least connect and schedule) in the next 24hrs.