As we come to the end of Your Current Circumstances, I wish to share a little Aha! moment with you.
After introducing the three-ring circus analogy, I regretted adding two more rings. So by way of summary and conclusion I am going to take the five distinct concepts mentioned last week, add two more (that were mentioned but had not been separated from their collective in Ring 2) and package these now seven elements within the three rings again. As you will see, there are now three distinct elements within Ring 1 – Private Life, three in Ring 2 – Work Life and one in Ring 3 – Worthy Causes.
And the Aha! moment is that not only are these seven very reasonable, progressive and manageable aspects of life, they are seven in number – the same number as colours in a rainbow and the same number as days in the week. So to help us remember and make sure we give each the attention they deserve – we can assign one colour to each one, and one day to each one as follows.
Your Seven Colours / Your Seven Days
From Ring 1, our three elements are:
- Yourself (Red / Sunday)
- Your Relationships (Orange / Monday)
- Your Home (Yellow / Tuesday)
From Ring 2, our three elements are:
- Your Learning / Education / School (Green / Wednesday)
- Your Work (Blue / Thursday)
- Your Finances (Indigo / Friday)
From Ring 3:
- Your Worthy Causes (Violet / Saturday)
These can be represented pictorially as follows:
So now there is a colour and a day for you to remember the seven key manageable elements of your life. You can contemplate what you can do to improve each area of your life – a different element each day – for the rest of your life. Let’s move on, now.
We have considered the first set of three important foundation questions, namely:
- Where are you right now?
- What situation are you in right now?
- What are your circumstances right now?
So let us move on to the second set of three important foundation questions, namely:
- How do you feel about where you are right now?
- What do you think about where you are right now?
- What are you going to do about where you are right now?
It is now time to move to the Action step of CAR. These three questions are like the three commands of the starter at the beginning of a race.
- How do you feel? = Ready
- What do you think? = Set
- What will you do? = Go
Points to Ponder
- Do you remember what CAR means?
- Do you remember what Your Six S’s are? (Season, Settings, …)
- How do you relate to Your Three Circus Rings? Your Seven Days?
- Are you ready for Ready, Set, Go?
Copyright © 2021 John Harris